Monday, May 21, 2012

School's Out for Summer

At home on the range. School's been out for a week now, and already the summer is going by too fast. The weather, although a bit on the warm side, has been bright and sunny and just perfect for catching some rays.

Without much keeping me in Manhattan this summer, I returned home to spend some quality time with friends and family. It was difficult to leave Colin (he's got a  new job that he'll tell you all about later), but knowing that I'd see him again in a few weeks made things much easier.

So far my little bit of summer has been quite relaxing - Colin's going to kill me for saying this, he's been working while I've been lounging around. In a week I've gone from cattle and book work to sitting out with the dog and reading just for the heck of it. I've got to say, I love my life on the range, but this one is nice too!

Some major thanks go out to both Coin and my parents. My parents have so kindly allowed me be lazy for a bit and Colin's parents have been keeping an eye on our cows.

Happy Summer from Colin and I at home one the range!

-Alissa

2 comments:

  1. You deserve a break. Enjoy them while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great summer Alissa !!!

    ReplyDelete