Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Plan

At home on the range. It may seem that it is impossible to raise cattle nearly 200 miles away from the farm, and to some extent that is true.  However, with the help and support of our families we are able to make this operation work.

With  a lot of help from my parents doing day to day chores, I am able to grow my herd and still be in Manhattan.  My parents, Anthony and Jane, take care of the daily tasks associated with the cattle and as often as Alissa and I can return to the farm, we also lend a hand.  We try to make it home for big events such as working cattle or anytime that more hands are needed to accomplish a large task.

Alissa and I will stay in Manhattan while we finish up our education at Kansas State University and then marry in January of 2013. Alissa plans on attending Vet school for another 4 years upon completion of her undergraduate degree and I plan on working in the agricultural finance field around the Manhattan area until she graduates.


"The Plan" is to then return home and continue our careers at home in Phillips county. We will then be able to take full control of raising and growing our cattle herd at home on the range

-Colin


No comments:

Post a Comment